At the beginning of the year we shared with you a list of our biggest resolutions for 2016, one of which was network upgrades. All network upgrades aim to improve the network performance, reliability, and features of our services.
We are very pleased with the improvement projects we have completed over the last year, and thought we’d give you a quick update on what those are. Here is a summary of what has been completed so far:
- Added a third backbone Internet provider – Light Tower
- Added significant new IPv4 address space to our pool of IPs
- Extended IPv6 support to include all switch ports in the data center
- Extended the reach of the 10 gbps backbone network to more customers
- Responded to the increasing IPv4 BGP route table size
- Reviewed and implemented today’s best practices on the backbone network
- Tested backbone network high availability
- Updated procedures for dealing with maintenance (ability to do maintenance with less/no downtime)
We are confident that these upgrades will improve performance, uptime, and make the network easier to maintain. Our ultimate goal is a better customer experience overall, and we hope that you enjoy the service.
If you want to know more about each of these improvements, give us a call at 866-778-1212 (630-778-1212) or email firstname.lastname@example.org